MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Web server for Uploading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I have to upload the files to my server, FIleZilla wants a FTP Site name, what is this name? I am not very computer savy so all this stuff is pretty complicated for me.

Thanks
It's usually just the URL for your site, but your host would be the best people to ask as they'll actually know what it is...
so it's not just beckett.com or something like that? its specific to our computer?

(2011-09-11, 04:49 PM)sjjb24 Wrote: [ -> ]so it's not just beckett.com or something like that? its specific to our computer?

if your URL is www.beckett.com then try that as host name
why does this have to be so complicated? why can't you just download the new version and be done with it??

I have no idea what my URL is, what is an URL? when I click send it says the internet connection has failed.

All I want is to continue my trades, I've been trying to get this thing downloaded all morning.
If you don't know what a URL is I'd suggest researching websites a bit more before trying to run one. Your URL is your domain, web address, what you use to access your website; usually this is what you put in to connect to FTP. It might be beckett.com, but we have absolutely no way of knowing if it's that or not. It's not complicated, you can't connect to FTP if it doesn't know what site to connect to, you have to tell it where to connect to.
I hate to say it, but if you're unable to FTP files to your server, or use the file management system that your host provides,or even know what your URL is, then you might want to consider getting your hosting company to install or upgrade your forum.

Failing that, you may want to try the Filezilla forum or built in help, which is pretty good in Filezilla

Sorry to sound negative but this really isn't the place if you are experiencing issues uploading a file.