MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpbb3 to mybb merge questions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thankyou! Smile Do I download the all mybb files as well as the merge upload them in ftp use the link to merge and it should work? Just wondering!Thanks!
If you read the wiki link, you need a working (which means installed, so obviously you need the files) copy of MyBB to merge into.
Thanks just a few questions is mybb ban system better then phpbb? Also am I doing the right thing by merging from phpbb to mybb. I feel mybb is better then any system.
You're on the MyBB Community Forums, of course we're going to tell you MyBB is better than phpBB. And that's because it is, therefore you should definitely merge to MyBB.
Thanks I'm going to look at merging this weekend. Hope I don't have stuff ups. If I follow instructions all should be good. Smile
Hello I installed all the files when I try to get the welcome link all I see is on the site where the files are uploaded! I've gotten a 41 error. Any ideas? The welcome page for the merge doesnt come up at all. Sad I'm stuck. Hope someone can help!
I don't know what you're talking about "Welcome Link"

Did you follow the wiki for installing and running the Merge System?
[Wiki: Runnning_the_Merge_System] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
yes I did, I ment to say I dont see the welcome page at the start to merge over. I type in this with my forum link here is where I get stuck. http://www.yourforum.com/forums/merge/ my forum link looks like this http://www.yourlink.com/phpBB3/ how do I get it to merge? I know I'm typing something wrong here. Because the start of the merging page doesn't come up. Thanks hope you understand now? Smile
Where did you upload the merge files to?
file zilla in the origional mybb downloads 1.6 they are together at the moment in a new directory in my public_html directory or do I upload them seperate? In the public_html directory? What about the link? How do I edit that?
Pages: 1 2 3