MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make the 1. post of each thread stand out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2011-10-01, 07:34 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]@Ynot
post bit template has code similar to below
<td class="trow1 {$unapproved_shade}">

above may be replaced with :
<td class="trow_first_{$post['pid']} {$unapproved_shade}">

AND postbit_classic template has code similar to below
<div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" style="padding: 5px 0 5px 0;">
				{$post['message']}
</div>
above may be replaced with :
<div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" class="trow_first_{$post['pid']}" style="padding: 5px 0 5px 0;">
				{$post['message']}
</div>
Thanks - Didn't work on first try but prolly my mistake Blush

Added - .trow_first_1 {background: #ffffcc;} to global.css which should make the backgound light yellow but it's mid blue and also appears on reply to first post.
^ there appears to be mistake from my side ;
please try class="trow_first_{$postcounter}" instead of class="trow_first_{$post['pid']}
If he replace trow1 with trow_first_{$post['pid']}, he will need to add a different code for every possible pid, or let it look ugly.
(2011-10-01, 08:38 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ there appears to be mistake from my side ;
please try class="trow_first_{$postcounter}" instead of class="trow_first_{$post['pid']}
Thanks - Works fine for the first post but makes replies a mid-blue that I don't like.
@ Sama & @ Ynot , this code change needs to be done with more care - let me check it again ...
Instead of replacing trow1, just add another class, like this:
class="trow1 trow_first_{$post['pid']}
^ {$post['pid']} is giving actual post id number - not the sequence number from the thread ..
eg. {$post['pid']} value for the above post is 765653 .. AND I've edited earlier response ..
Wonderful! Thank you very much Smile
Ok, if you are using Tempalte Conditionals plugin, this a way to do it:

Open postbit

Find:
<td class="trow1 {$unapproved_shade}">

Replace:
<td class="<if $postcounter == 1 then>trow3<else>trow1</if> {$unapproved_shade}">

Find:
<td class="trow2 post_content {$unapproved_shade}">

Replace:
<td class="<if $postcounter == 1 then>trow3<else>trow2</if> post_content {$unapproved_shade}">

Find:
<td class="trow1 post_buttons {$unapproved_shade}">

Replace:
<td class="<if $postcounter == 1 then>trow3<else>trow1</if> post_buttons {$unapproved_shade}">

Open postbit_classic

Find:
<td class="{$altbg}" width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;">

Replace:
<td class="<if $postcounter == 1 then>trow3<else>{$altbg}</if>" width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;">

Find:
<td class="{$altbg}" valign="top">

Replace:
<td class="<if $postcounter == 1 then>trow3<else>{$altbg}</if>" valign="top">

Find:
<td class="{$altbg}" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center; vertical-align: middle;">

Replace:
<td class="<if $postcounter == 1 then>trow3<else>{$altbg}</if>" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center; vertical-align: middle;">

Find:
<td class="{$altbg}" style="vertical-align: middle;">

Replace:
<td class="<if $postcounter == 1 then>trow3<else>{$altbg}</if>" style="vertical-align: middle;">

Now, add a new class to you global.css and name it trow3, like this:
.trow3{
background-color:red;
}
^ fine Smile Thank You Sama.
Pages: 1 2