MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Old
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
This thread is old...
I don't have time to comment of everything you have suggested, but I can say the 'Read users PMs' won't be added.

In some countries, that is an invasion of privacy which could end up a court case.

It's called 'Private' Messaging for a reason.

Imagine if Microsoft could read your MSN convos. Would you feel safe using MSN anymore?
On top of what Malcolm has said about reading Private Messages, I also don't think profile comments should be default either. They belong more as a plugin. If people wish to talk to each other, there are PMs.
(2011-09-12, 04:59 PM)Bapun Raz Wrote: [ -> ]In vB profile comments are default na....so its better if mybb too add it Smile

Worst reasoning for anything. Just because X has something doesn't mean Y should.
(2011-09-12, 05:06 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-12, 04:59 PM)Bapun Raz Wrote: [ -> ]In vB profile comments are default na....so its better if mybb too add it Smile

Worst reasoning for anything. Just because X has something doesn't mean Y should.

Exactly. If profile comments are added, there should certainly be an option to disable them. Not all forums want/need them.
Old..
Not all change is good change though. Hitler felt he was doing the right thing for the future but we all know it wasn't now.
Old..
You're taking it the wrong way... All I was saying is all change isn't good change.
I think profile comments are good. Anyway to make interpersonal communication easier and allow users to customize their experience is a good thing. there could always be the option to disable it.

having the ACP separate is a good thing for security purposes. independent authentication is important, as is customizable folder name, the ability to lockdown the folder via htpasswd, etc

the PM reader is not a good thing as stated above

having user blogs or userpages is a good thing. why not allow users to customize their profile or pages on your site? its better than them leaving to go to facebook or some other social site to make a page for themselves. if your hosting account is limited, then dont enable them, but for a larger site, it would be nice to give users a reason to STAY on your site, rather than a reason for them to leave. plus its additional and searchable content to drive traffic your way

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5