MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forumdisplay.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,
I am trying to find the code that controls the forumdisplay grid currently the display uses trow1 in fact checking the elements I get the following response
<td> class trow1 forumdisplay_regular
I just want to change the class to another ... is this possible ?
You mean change trow?
(2011-09-12, 04:33 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]You mean change trow?

yes change the class trow to another class
you can change class="trow1" in required templates AND use new class in global.css
however, observe what trow1 class is defined & how it is used for styling at that particular place ..
Okay, you can also use trow2 instead of trow1, and either you can create another attribute like trow1 or trow2 in -> ACP > Themes & Styles > Themes > Your Current Theme > global.css > Advance Mode >

Add the code below:

.trow3 {
	background: #f5f5f5;
}

Feel free to edit the color of background as per your choice, also you can add specific text color for the class by adding something like, color: #000; attribute below background one and so on. Smile
(2011-09-12, 04:57 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, you can also use trow2 instead of trow1, and either you can create another attribute like trow1 or trow2 in -> ACP > Themes & Styles > Themes > Your Current Theme > global.css > Advance Mode >

Add the code below:

.trow3 {
	background: #f5f5f5;
}

Feel free to edit the color of background as per your choice, also you can add specific text color for the class by adding something like, color: #000; attribute below background one and so on. Smile

Ok done that but I can not seem find any reference to trow1 in any forumdisplay templates ... can you give me a clue where that code lies
^ admin panel --> templates --> search/Replace tab --> Search For <-- type trow1 AND do not
type anything in below Replace With (Optional) area . click find and replace button & see results ..
(2011-09-12, 05:30 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ admin panel --> templates --> search/Replace tab --> Search For <-- type trow1 AND do not
type anything in below Replace With (Optional) area . click find and replace button & see results ..

thanks for that but I still did not find a reference for forumdisplay_regular

as you can see from
[Image: ss1.png]
oh!! forumdisplay_regular class is used in forumdisplay.php file ;
if required , you may modify the class in file OR use required style for it in global.css
if you're trying to do what i think you are you just need to change the trow1 class in the forumdisplay template for the theme you are using;

Themes & Templates --> Forum Display Templates --> forumdisplay_thread

Find this
class="{$bgcolor}{$thread_type_class}"

Replace with

class="trow3 {$thread_type_class}"

That should enable you to change the style of the forumdisplay template