MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Which payment service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, I want to start using an online payment service but I can't decide.
Either AlertPay or Paypal.
Paypal is the biggest but I hear so much bad stuff of them I'm not really sure....

Anyone can tell me experiences, details, payout methods ( which keeps the largest percentage for themselves ? ) et cetera...
Paypal because many people like me already have one and don't want to go through the hassle of another pay site Toungue. You can also look into google checkout or amazons payment thing (since they have such huge market share none tech people will probably trust them more than alertpay).
(2011-09-12, 09:42 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Paypal because many people like me already have one and don't want to go through the hassle of another pay site Toungue. You can also look into google checkout or amazons payment thing (since they have such huge market share none tech people will probably trust them more than alertpay).

I'm not going for any alternatives as those two are the only ones I can use for things I want to do.
So either Alert or Payp.
Either way it's 0:1 for the moment
PayPal.
I still use PayPal. Too many people are still using and trusting it to justify moving to a competitor.
I'm with support on Paypal right now signing up. It's not liking my accounts. Regardless, i will keep 0 money in it, and not a penny more or less.
(2011-09-12, 10:06 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]I'm with support on Paypal right now signing up. It's not liking my accounts. Regardless, i will keep 0 money in it, and not a penny more or less.
It's very important to move your money out of PayPal and into your bank account as soon as the funds are available. It will save you a lot of headaches with PayPal's inherent bias towards buyers.
(2011-09-12, 10:33 PM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-12, 10:06 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]I'm with support on Paypal right now signing up. It's not liking my accounts. Regardless, i will keep 0 money in it, and not a penny more or less.
It's very important to move your money out of PayPal and into your bank account as soon as the funds are available. It will save you a lot of headaches with PayPal's inherent bias towards buyers.

Oh, I always plan to use it as a buyer. The only times i sell are to people i've met IRL, or to members of websites that are way more trusted than I.
Ok, signing up for Paypal, another question, it wants to link to my bank account so that if I buy something it substracts it from there.
Is there a way to forbid it from extracting any funds from my bank account, as I only want it paypal to payout money to it.
I won't use it for buying anything.
Not that I know of. If you don't want that happening, setup a separate bank account and keep it empty all the time.
Pages: 1 2