MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Floyd Arthur is looking for forum software
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am Floyd Arthur and I am looking for a best forum software. I have been referred by one of my friends to mybb.com for this purpose. I am all set to go for mybb but before I do that I am looking for some expert suggestions on the same. Look forward to hear from real users of mybb.

Thanks,
Floyd Arthur
You're asking for suggestions about...?
See the features of MyBB here: http://www.mybb.com/features
MyBB is even better than many paid softwares out there and many biggest boards uses or have used MyBB in past and have migrated from their paid softwares to MyBB, quality is top notch, don't worry, just go ahead.
Thanks to all for quick and valuable responses. One of you people told me by messaging me that this is not the best forum as compared to others in the market. And this makes me little confused but still my vote is for mybb. Now, I will wait for other responses as well to make sure, I am really going to make a right decision. Moreover, I will discuss it in other forums as well.

Thanks again to all of you.
- Floyd Arthur
Not flaming, but the one who did PMED who would be mostly using MyBB and that is why he is on this forums. He won't dare to say that in public, would he? Such users and haters are really not worth using MyBB, if he got guts, better he'd tell in public, anger makes me mad because of such pricks.
well, myBB is a better choice among many forum softwares ..
the plug-ins system AND the support team are best here !
We can't really discuss anything in less you tell us what you're looking for in a forum.

I mean anyone publicly is probably going to say MyBB is a good choice on this forum.
(2011-09-13, 03:23 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]We can't really discuss anything in less you tell us what you're looking for in a forum.

^This. Since this is a MyBB Forum, everyone (or atleast most of us) will say MyBB is the best.
And yeah! I had used MyBB, phpBB, SMF and Vbulletin in past, and i like MyBB more than any others (That's why i'm here, lol).

As Alex said, it really depends on your necessity. If you need a specific thing (like an arcade system), then you should look for a Forum software that has better plugin for it.

If you need a Forum software in general, I would suggest you to make a choice between MyBB, IPB and Xenforo. I wouldn't suggest phpBB and VB for their bloated and bugged system and SMF for their lazy development.
Considering MyBB have another advantage of being free (unlike IPB or Xenforo), i would more likely go for MyBB.

The choice is yours now.
Imo, MyBB is the best free option if you need a full featured forum. If you really just need a question and asking one, yea, MyBB is too much. if you need premium support, at any hour of the day, yea, maybe MyBB isn't right.

But for free open source forums.
Pages: 1 2