MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Automatically Delete Account If Blacklisted Website Is Posted.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been having a spam problem and had an idea for a plug-in.

I am deleting a lot of spam accounts at the moment. Most of them are posting the same sites/links.

What I would like is a plug-in that you can add blacklisted websites/domains to, and if a user places a link that matches one in the blacklist in their Signature or Website URL the account gets deleted and there details are sent to http://www.stopforumspam.com Basically an automated version of Goodbye Spammer.

At the moment I have a list of about 7-8 sites that keep getting posted. If I had this plug-in it would save me a huge amount of time having to check each account and deleting them if they contain any spam links. This plug-in would also make it near impossible for spammers to use an account to post spam.

All spammers can change their IPs and make up new email accounts. The one thing that won't change is the links that they are posting.

All spamming tools do is block IPs or emails and user names. None of them are dealing with the problem. Links to spam sites. All we need is a list of sites that spammers post links to and delete any user that post them. Problem solved.
just put the bad urls in your word filter, that is what I have done. its not perfect, but its a start.
And if a member quotes it make fun of it or for whatever reason?
(2011-09-13, 07:13 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]And if a member quotes it make fun of it or for whatever reason?

for some of them