MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Wanted] VPS Advanced User
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello all!

I'm requesting to hire someone among Advanced User for Managing Un-Managed VPS. The user should have skills on using Un-Managed VPS, setting it up, installing webmin and other necessary softwares etc. Experience in managing VPS in past will be preferred.

What you'll get?
I'll give you free access to the Premium forums of http://yaldaram.com having access to all Paid plugins for 6 months. It would be "Golden Subscription".

How to apply?
PM me either here or at my forums.

Thanks!
Why webmin in particular? I personally don't use a control panel on my VPS at all.
(2011-09-13, 02:49 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Why webmin in particular? I personally don't use a control panel on my VPS at all.

Honestly I'm noob in this field of VPS, that's why I'm requesting someone to help me in managing Un-managed VPS. I was searching on google for setting it up myself but its hard for me to understand its basics. If anyone have any experience in this field they are welcome to help me for this. Toungue
Fair enough then Smile I take it you just want to run MyBB on it? If so, I might be able to help set it up, but I won't have time to look after it for you.
I'm bored in making support tickets on yaldaram.com's host again and again. I'm thinking to move this site to VPS. I'll gladly accept your offer euantor. =)
Personally, I find it to be a pretty small payment seeing as managing a VPS would be such a big commitment as you would have to spend plenty of time in maintaining it.
What I find strange is why you don't get a managed VPS since I remember you having plenty of subscribers on your site.
Next to that, I wouldn't really go for it but hopefully, you'll find someone who's interested.
Honestly, you don't need managed. Once it's set up (and done so correctly), all you might need to do is run a few scans (rootkit checks, virus checks etc) and check for dodgy processes every so often. Even then, you can do these via cron.
And updating Euantor Wink Although if you do run webmin, it should tell you.
(2011-09-13, 08:45 PM)Azareal Wrote: [ -> ]What I find strange is why you don't get a managed VPS since I remember you having plenty of subscribers on your site.

I do not want to spend 200$+ just for a thing that I can manage it myself. BTW I'm quick learner, when I learn something I can do it myself.
Managed VPS hosting is pointless unless you are running a business site with an absolute MUST for 100% uptime (assuming you can't pay a member of staff onsite). For small forums it is usually uneccessary.

Yes, if you were as big as HF (but not as skilled as jesse labrocca) then you might consider it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4