MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to use unused SideBar space for Ads?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to place a vertical Google Adsense ads, banners, etc on the unused sidebar of my forum:
http://play-connect.com

How will I go about doing this?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Cheers,
Jasen
I could not see any sidebar there - anyway, you should be able to use the adsense code in sidebars
I think, he mean the right/left space because the site used fixed container width:910px;
check the source code of my site. I just added the start of a <table><tr><td> at the end of the header template and a </td><td>ad code here</td></table> at the top of the footer template.
(2011-09-14, 03:04 AM)nadlerz Wrote: [ -> ]I think, he mean the right/left space because the site used fixed container width:910px;

Yes that's exactly what I mean.

(2011-09-14, 03:14 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]check the source code of my site. I just added the start of a <table><tr><td> at the end of the header template and a </td><td>ad code here</td></table> at the top of the footer template.

Will doing that add it to the left/right space of the site?
Did you try sidebar plugin by Nayar?
(2011-09-14, 08:42 PM)play-connect Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-14, 03:04 AM)nadlerz Wrote: [ -> ]I think, he mean the right/left space because the site used fixed container width:910px;

Yes that's exactly what I mean.

(2011-09-14, 03:14 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]check the source code of my site. I just added the start of a <table><tr><td> at the end of the header template and a </td><td>ad code here</td></table> at the top of the footer template.

Will doing that add it to the left/right space of the site?

the specific example i gave will fit the new column within the width of the header and footer, making the main content thinner. just add a width="160" to the footer TD and that will make a column fit a wide skyscraper type banner

if you want another column on the left side, add a TD /TD set to the header portion.

This method will NOT fill up the entire width of the browser, nor will it use the blank space in the side margins that run from top of page to bottom. if you want that, then you need to make different changes.
Well yes. I already feel my main content is already thin enough so I'm looking to use the blank spaces for the ads.
No one knows how to use the blank sidebar space for ads?
are you using a plugin? if not, have you tried adding the code below the first two ads in the template?