MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Tutorial]-How to show actual IP on postbit instead of logged word
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
IMHO, I use it on my forums. I find normal method very tedious, for example to spot two continuous post to check whether they are from same IP or not, you gotta click logged, see and compare both IP Addresses, instead if they are shown directly on post, it saves time and reduces irritation, at least in my case.

So what we gonna learn here is how to show the IP Address of a poster on postbit instead of phrase like: IP Address: Logged

So in order to make IP address appear over post, login to your ACP, then goto templates & styles > Templates > Your Theme Templates > Post bit templates > postbit_iplogged_hiden.

By default, there would be shown a code as below:

<p class="smalltext">{$lang->postbit_ipaddress} <a href="moderation.php?action=getip&amp;pid={$post['pid']}">{$lang->postbit_ipaddress_logged}</a></p>

Instead, replace it with:

<!--<p class="smalltext">{$lang->postbit_ipaddress} <a href="moderation.php?action=getip&amp;pid={$post['pid']}">{$lang->postbit_ipaddress_logged}</a></p>-->
<p class="smalltext">{$lang->postbit_ipaddress} <a href="moderation.php?action=getip&amp;pid={$post['pid']}">{$post['ipaddress']}</a></p>

So, now you should have something like below:

[Image: lnf0.png]

edit: Image replaced in case of any possible problems.

Now, the link which was linked with Logged phrase would now be linked with the IP address.

Thats it, hope it'd be helpful.
Damn, sorry didn't know you posted, I use it since long and thought I'd share with all. Wink
Worked nicely thank you 4cs
You are welcome.
been looking for this ! thanks for the tutorial Smile
Thanks for updating the tutorial.