MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: change the default registration group and show warning msg to all users !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello anybody,
I want to add new group to my forum and want to when users active their accounts insert to this new group that i created it, not the mybb default group. i mean, i want to change mybb default group.

Moreover, the warning message just sent to moderators and i want to sent the warning messages to all users, i mean in mybb only admins and moderators can see new warning message that some user got it, but i want to all users can see warning messages.
please help me how i can do these????
thanks so much.
yours sincerely

(2011-09-14, 02:32 PM)mk007 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello anybody,
I want to add new group to my forum and want to when users active their accounts insert to this new group that i created it, not the mybb default group. i mean, i want to change mybb default group.

Moreover, the warning message just sent to moderators and i want to sent the warning messages to all users, i mean in mybb only admins and moderators can see new warning message that some user got it, but i want to all users can see warning messages.
please help me how i can do these????
thanks so much.
yours sincerely

Why ? but if you want to just edit the user groups
Open ./member.php

Find:
// Set up user handler.

Replace with:
// Edit for default registration group...
if ($usergroup == 2)
	$usergroup = 6; // Replace the 6 with the group ID you want...

// Set up user handler.
thanks so much for your response.
Is there anybody can help me for second question???
especial thanks for (Masayoshi)
Open ./usercp.php

Find:
if($mybb->settings['enablewarningsystem'] != 0 && $mybb->settings['canviewownwarning'] != 0)

Replace with:
if ($mybb->settings['enablewarningsystem'] != 0)

There are probably more spots to make this work better, but why exactly do you want other users to see warnings of other users?
thanks,
because, i want to punish users who didn't pay attention to our rules.
Might want to make this edit also,

Open ./member.php

Find:
if($mybb->settings['enablewarningsystem'] != 0 && $memperms['canreceivewarnings'] != 0 && ($mybb->usergroup['canwarnusers'] != 0 || ($mybb->user['uid'] == $memprofile['uid'] && $mybb->settings['canviewownwarning'] != 0)))

Replace with:
if($mybb->settings['enablewarningsystem'] != 0 && $memperms['canreceivewarnings'] != 0 && ($mybb->usergroup['canwarnusers'] != 0 || ($mybb->user['uid'] == $memprofile['uid'])))
my friend,
i did it but didn't work...
Alter it further to this:

if($mybb->settings['enablewarningsystem'] != 0 && $memperms['canreceivewarnings'] != 0 && ($mybb->usergroup['canwarnusers'] != 0))
once again! didn't work.