MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post can only be seen by Adults
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,

i want to post something in some posts that only can be seen by Poeple over 18 years old. So mybb needs to check if the logged in user is 18 and if yes he can see the post. If not he cant...

Is there already something like that? I dont want to create a new user Group and give the Persons manually the permissions to view the thread.
No plugin needed! Just follow these steps:

Just create a group that's called "Adult Members" or something like that, then set it so that it's a secondary group, and check the box that members have to be approved before they can join the group. Then explain how you'll allow members to join the group (When I did this, I set it so that you had to be a member for at least 6 months and have your birthday and age showing in your profile at all times in order to become and stay a member. Never did get to use it.).

JM.02
Is there maybe another way, maybe to get more requirements like age 18+? That would make it easyer.
well, maybe you can integrate it with their age on their profile....
Well, you could make the birthday field mandatory for all users. Just modify it in Custom Profile Fields.
Couldn't users just change their birthday and get in? Making any attempt to control access based on age redundant?

You'd have to ban users from changing their year of birth as well.
(2011-09-19, 06:24 PM)Nitrus Wrote: [ -> ]Couldn't users just change their birthday and get in? Making any attempt to control access based on age redundant?

You'd have to ban users from changing their year of birth as well.

Redundant, maybe, but the idea is that the forum at least tried to prevent them. If the user is underage and wants to see it then they can see it, but then it's their choice, they won't just browse to the 18+ forums/threads by accident.