MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Multiple Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, I'm creating a site. It uses 1.6.4 and PHP 5.2.17 and MySQLi 5.1.57.

It uses Jason's awesome 8e theme. But I have a few problems:

1. I have made a custom box that shows up to notify guests that they have not registered. But the box is touching the first forum category in IE.

2. How do I delete the description area for forum categories in 8e?

[Image: vKAtU.png]

3.The the navigation bar itself is not rendering properly in IE.

[Image: iF9Xv.png]

4. How do I display a message to IE users only when they attempt to access my site? I wan't to let them see a custom message.

Thanks allot in advance!
1.) Use <br class="clear" />

2.) You could just leave the description blank.

3.) Most likely an issue with the way the theme was made, you should contact the author.

4.)
<!--[if IE 8]>
Special instructions for IE 8 here
<![endif]-->
(2011-09-15, 01:25 AM)Masayoshi Wrote: [ -> ]1.) Use <br class="clear" />
My real issue is, there is already a separation when viewed in other browsers, so when I add the above code, there is double the space in those browsers, but in IE, there is one.

2.) You could just leave the description blank.
But then there is a random black spot there, I would like to remove it completely.

3.) Most likely an issue with the way the theme was made, you should contact the author.
I am waiting for the reply on a thread regarding the issue right now.

4.)
<!--[if IE 8]>
<![endif]-->

Can you further explain?

Bump........ Guys I'm really desperate.....Please...
I didn't bump again and again. That was my first bump.
(2011-09-16, 03:07 PM)Everett777 Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't bump again and again. That was my first bump.
and nearly 12 hours from your last post ! I am workiing on a project (theme) that has true cross browser support .. I.E is the bane of my life Exclamation
I'll get back to you with some code if u have not fixed it
(2011-09-16, 03:46 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-16, 03:07 PM)Everett777 Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't bump again and again. That was my first bump.
and nearly 12 hours from your last post ! I am workiing on a project (theme) that has true cross browser support .. I.E is the bane of my life Exclamation
I'll get back to you with some code if u have not fixed it
OMG, PLEASE give it to me! I am so desperate right now! Thank you SO MUCH!
Ok guys, I have solved the first three problems but can anyone help me with 4?
Putting
<!--[if IE 8]>
<![endif]-->
anywhere on a web page (in the body) will show the "Special instructions for IE 8 here" text only in IE8. There are tags for all versions, less than version number less than or equal, greater than, greater or equal. (See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/...S.85).aspx for details)

It's a hack, but then so is IE.
what if I want to display a message to only other browsers?
Pages: 1 2