MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trying to upgrade, but installer doesn't see previous version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I earlier had version 1.4.14 (I think).

I was trying to upgrade to 1.6 and noticed when I navigated to myforum/install/ and began to run the installation procedure that it appeared not to recognize that I had a previous version I was upgrading.

My understanding is that it was supposed to give me a choice between a fresh install or an upgrade from a previous version, but I just get a screen that strongly suggests it has no clue that I had a previous version on there. It is the same screen someone would get if they were starting out fresh I believe.

Is this normal?
/install/upgrade.php

You'll be able to select the version there.
Thanks!

Now I have a new problem: I get this warning: Warning: require_once(/forum/inc/db_.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /forum/install/upgrade.php on line 75

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/forum/inc/db_.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /forum/install/upgrade.php on line 75

It appears to be looking for a db_.php file that I do not have. I have db_mysql.php and db_mysqli.php but no db_.php

The only CHMOD I did was for the files mentioned here: http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/CHMOD_Files

I notice that update.php is 644, is that a problem?
Is it possible that I should not have renamed config_default.php to config.php, thus destroying the old config.php (as in CHMOD instructions)?

I actually renamed the old config.php to Test.php so I can use it again.

I looked in the php, and it looks like the problem is that it is trying to pull a variable from config and is just getting a blank.
^ it appears that earlier config.php file is missing OR overwritten ..
Yep, that was the problem.

Thanks for your help. I mistakenly thought that the install instructions on the CHMOD page should be followed when someone was upgrading because the same script was called on both pages.
of course, checking the file permissions is also important !!
let us know if you succeed in upgrading ..