MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Time for my departure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey there.

It's with a lot of sadness and a little bit of happiness to announce my departure from the MyBB Community indefinitely. One day in the distant future I may return, but for now I have no plans to. MyBB has been great to me over the years and I look forward to seeing the future of this great, free product. I will still be testing future builds on my localhost and will be eagerly awaiting 2.0.

It's come to my attention that the quality of some members here (new members to be precise) is slowly degrading. I'm all for helping people, but it's now at the point where every kid who has been on HackForums or another site alike wants to start a forum because they think it's a quick-road to money. 95% of new members aren't eager to learn anymore, and with recent issues between premium work I thought to myself "Why bother?".

MyBB is a great software, but inevitably I can see the community slowly killing it. I'm all for open source and believe MyBB has pulled off the free as in beer thing very well, but to be honest, after spending a week at the XenForo community I noticed a huge difference within the members there. I believe the threshold of 'kids' and their participating within the community is a lot higher quality, as half the people under the age of 15 can't afford the software to begin with.

Anyway, I digress. I've always been a fan of MyBB and the actual forum software, in my opinion, is brilliant. I don't plan on moving any other forum software to use permanently (besides perhaps XF occasionally) but my MyBB Development days are over. All future released of themes for MyBB will perhaps be by Codicious, of which I will most unlikely have much part in. This does mean the end of the road for Photoshop Bliss (the series), although I believe a final v5 version will be made.

I'd like to thank everyone here I've had the opportunity to meet. A lot of awesome people here made me feel very welcomed, which isn't something easy for a 12 year old (back when I joined) to feel when surfing on the internet. They helped me with learning things such as design and PHP, and much of the money I've made has been through MyBB. So thank you, MyBB. From the bottom of my heart I thank you and all of the people who made this great place possible.

I hope to see you around somewhere in the internet.
If you need to contact me, do it via the Codicious Contact Page.

Peace,
- Jordan. Heart
Now another one leaving us ?? No please No Jordan! Sad
See, and when the good members leave, more of this stuff happens....
Cool, good luck with life.
Aw man, sucks to you leave bro, but I do understand where you're coming from.

(2011-09-15, 01:20 PM)PJGIH Wrote: [ -> ]See, and when the good members leave, more of this stuff happens....

But I do agree with that >.> xP
Sad to see you leaving, Jordan. Sad
Goodbye Jordan Sad At least there's still codicious though.

I do see where you're coming from though - the number of repeated questions is unbelievable and the standard of written English from some members is disgraceful (no disrespect to the foreign members - I'm talking about those with English as their first language here).
Sad to see u leave Jordan. Will miss u buddy. You are one of the best designers here and will surely be.

Will remain in touch with you.
I think my posts is other topics show I agree Toungue.

But, I wish you luck with whatever you do.
You'll be missed, Jordan. I wish you the best.

EDIT: Moved to this thread.
Pages: 1 2 3