MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Subforum Parent "Mark As Read" Bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I may have mentioned this before, but it's a very annoying bug. If you have a forum that's used as a parent for subforums, but not a forum itself, if you navigate to the subforums within it and return to the forum index, despite you having read the threads in these subforums, the parent forum is marked as unread until you navigate back into it. This is a little irritating as it means members have to make an unnecessary navigation back into the parent forum or otherwise face having a forum icon lit up as "unread" when in fact its threads have been read!

I also believe this has been brought up in the bugs section somewhere, but I thought a thread would bring it more attention. After all, it is a very glaring bug and I'm not sure why it hasn't been fixed. If memory serves someone said we'd need to wait for MyBB 2.0 for a fix. Huh That could be well over a year away. Surely a plugin or custom modification could be made to address the issue? If you're not sure what I'm talking about and wish to reproduce this, make a forum which is locked from discussions that simply houses subforums. Create a few threads in these subforums. Read them and navigate to the forum index. You'll see what I mean.

Just some light shed on this would help.
Anyone?
If you believe this is a bug, report it on the tracker and reference this thread.