MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Referral Links
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if this was suggested before, but referral links like vB has would be friggin' awesome if were implemented in MyBB.

Can you explain what they do?
Basically... it's an auto-recording referral system: http://somesite.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=XXXX

Instead of having to input the person's username, it's already recorded when the person signs up through the link.

I'm most likely alone here on thinking it's a nifty feature, but... it helps when it comes to referral contests and such.
That is actually a good idea! The referrals system isn't used for much anyway, and you could logically do it with a few lines of code...
I like this idea Smile
DrPoodle Wrote:That is actually a good idea!

Thanks.

I've been wanting it for a while now... just got to thinking about it again today as I was thinking of ways to generate interest in my regional forum. I just think it would make the whole process easier. VB shows a public record of the referrals made by people. Perhaps that information could be held private and viewable only through the AdminCP.

It's just a thought.

I, personally, feel the referral system is underused.

I'm surprised to see others like the concept.

Maybe with 1.2's cleaner coding system someone could come up with a modification for it.

Yeah.

Any idea on whether it was changed to place the username in the referral spot rather than the uid? And ... is there some way to provide this link in the UserCP.

I could change the templates on my own, but what would I need to call from the db to generate the member's unique referral link?