MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin Lair - Webmaster Discussion & Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would like to introduce to you my forum which has been running for a little while now. It's not extremely active as it only has less than 1,000 posts, but it's a mature community besides that. I've installed the forum in the /forum/ folder as the front page holds a blog in which I've been publishing articles (tutorials coming soon).

Why is Admin Lair any different from the rest?
We aren't like other admin/webmaster forums. I've taken pride in having a custom theme, unlike many other competing forums. I've spent days configuring and changing the forum to make it user friendly, I haven't installed mass amount of plugins, and our forum isn't overloaded with immature kids. Admin Lair is a mature forum, for mature discussions. We don't have the hassle of all these services, which in fact are mostly copied from Forum Promotion. We are a straight forward admin/webmaster community, and that's how we'll stay.

I haven't chosen xenForo or vBulletin. I chose MyBB to run my community because I believe it's the most user-friendly and easy to use forum software available at the moment. Plus, the MyBB community is the most helpful I've ever seen on any support board.

Why should I join?
I could sit here and beg you to join, but at the end of the day, it's your choice. If you like the board and the look of it and you join, thank you for taking the time to do so. If you don't, I hope you enjoy the visit, and possibly consider joining at a later date.

What can I do there?
Once you register, you are from that point onwards allowed to promote your forum or website/blog. There is no post limit, except there is a 5 post limit on when you add your link to our directory. We also have a small support section, which isn't just used for MyBB support, but for any forum software in general.

Here is our link: http://www.adminlair.com/forum/index.php

I welcome all new users to join, even if it is just to say a quick hello in our introduction forum.

All comments are read through, positive or negative, so I don't mind constructive criticism.
Does anyone have any comments, anything at all? All are welcome.
I like header a lot!

1. In the menu ul I'd put some white icons

2. how about removing borders in trow1 and trow2?

Thank you. I will consider making some white icons in the menu to visually separate the links more.

I thought the trow1 an trow2 borers looked good, does anyone else think they should be removed?

I look forward to all comments.
that is a very nice theme looks like you put a lot of work into it.
Good:
  • Decent forums quantity with at least one thread each.
  • Forums are in a understandable order.
  • Good theme (I like it Smile).
  • The threads I read looked useful.

Bad:
  • I will disable the calendar as it looks unnecessary.
  • At least change the Home image of that overused breadcrumb Undecided
  • Give a little more of style to the "Welcome to the Admin Lair forums." box in index.

Rating: 8/10

Just my opinion of course and google luck Big Grin
(2011-09-20, 12:17 AM)Dark Byte Wrote: [ -> ]that is a very nice theme looks like you put a lot of work into it.

Thank you very much.

(2011-09-20, 01:01 AM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]Good:
  • Decent forums quantity with at least one thread each.
  • Forums are in a understandable order.
  • Good theme (I like it Smile).
  • The threads I read looked useful.
I believe when you open a forum, each section needs a fair amount of quantity to keep discussion on-going.

(2011-09-20, 01:01 AM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]Bad:
  • I will disable the calendar as it looks unnecessary.
  • At least change the Home image of that overused breadcrumb Undecided
  • Give a little more of style to the "Welcome to the Admin Lair forums." box in index.

Rating: 8/10

Just my opinion of course and google luck Big Grin

I have disabled the calendar an changed the breadcrumb image. I am also styling up the breadcrumb as we speak to include hover effects etc.

I will also style up the welcome box.

Thank you for the comments, still looking for some more though.
Great site, looks good, OK activity (since I dont know when it opened). ON my screen when I visit your site the theme is to wide so I have a scroll bar at the bottom of my screen. And my screen is pretty wide 1680x1250
Hello Noreturn, could you take a screenshot so I could have a closer look? What happens when you scroll further right?
My only comment is that if you cover up the logo with your hand, it could be any forum on the internet.

You need to customise your theme more, make it more relevant to your genre. I would do this by installing a plugin for Forum Icons so each forum has it's own relevant icon, that would be a good start to making the style of the forum more relevant to the forum's genre.
Pages: 1 2