MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unbanning User or Lifting Ban
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I found it hard sometimes to unban a user properly, and I'm sure any big board owner would agree with me.

When you have like 80+ pages of banned users, going through it to find a specific user is pretty unrealistic.

I noticed with vBulletin, there's a "Lift Ban" button on the user's profile, if the user had been banned.

This would help, rather than changing them from "Banned" back to the regular member group.

Thanks.
Add a life ban link on user's profile then?
Add a Ban "Tab" to be more specific, following MyBB 1.6's style, I assume 2.0's going to be fairly similar.

The tab would include options to ban, unban, and edit the existing ban of that user.
It can be also achieved via template edits if you looking for it so badly.
Well if I wanted it badly enough I would have had my own custom plugin commissioned by now.

I'm just throwing this out there as an improvement for Administrator control in MyBB 2.0

-__-
I did some file changes in the Mod CP. I changed the query to order by username since its much easier to find the user. I also made a search option using some template edits with the file edits so I could type all or part of a person's username to get names similar to it. It makes life so much easier.
I'm not sure if laborccas quick ban plugin allows you to unban. I know it adds a link to ban on the profile though.
I think by MyBB's default that's already there.

I don't recall using that plugin, and I see "Ban this user in Mod CP" in each user's profile.
(2011-09-21, 01:35 AM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]I think by MyBB's default that's already there.

I don't recall using that plugin, and I see "Ban this user in Mod CP" in each user's profile.

That brings you to another page however. QuickBan bans the user when you click the link.
I have a bans.php page which lists all banned accounts and for staff you have a "lift ban" option directly from that page. Smile

Bans.php is accessible to my subscribers and it's easily edited to add the lift ban.

One hassle imho is admincp unbanning. It's crap.

Oh and MyBB 1.6.4 still has a bug where a banned member banned again loses his original group.
http://dev.mybb.com/issues/1557 I had to remove one of my warning levels to avoid this bug.

Pages: 1 2