MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ACP look
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There should be a easy interface, no need to upload files via ftp, install and search the plugins, themes directly from ACP
Both these options are already in 1.6.x
Both are separate option Under "Browse Plugins" tab Under Plugin's manager and "Browse Themes" tab Under Themes and Style.
They can be installed directly from there?
(2011-09-15, 04:41 PM)sunjava1 Wrote: [ -> ]They can be installed directly from there?
If I recall correctly, it just downloads the ZIP in your browser. You still have to upload via FTP.
(2011-09-15, 04:50 PM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]If I recall correctly, it just downloads the ZIP in your browser. You still have to upload via FTP.

Exactly that's what I'm saying. A method to install directly from ACP without download to your system just like wordpress themes

IMO it is a pain to download then open ftp then upload then install.
one click install would be better
... It's not a pain.

Most of the time I have it open to edit certain files, or to upload new images anyway.

Using FTP is like second nature to having any PC folder open.

You should get use to it.
Your choice that was my suggestion :p
In my opinion, this is definitely something that needs to be in MyBB 2.0. Whether you're a newbie or not, it will make your life much easier, you can't say no to that. I'd use it myself. I'm not really sure why some people are against it. Besides, we could still allow plugins to be installed the old-fashioned way if you so desire, or if you need to edit the code.

Of course, plugins would need to be standardized, i.e. follow a specific guideline in order to work with the plugin installing system. That's another advantage into something like this. Plugins / themes would all function similarly, making them easy to understand. Standards are always good.

And then there are a bunch of other things that could go with this, like a patches manager, a plugin editor incorporated into the Admin CP, etc. All of this would work together very nicely, and reduce the need to mess with the MyBB files - focusing on what's important.
Well, beacause MyBB 2.0 is going to use different folders for plugins this may be a good addition.
Indeed. I had a prototype plugin built that would hook into the ACP and allow direct uploads of ZIP files. It would unzip and manage all the files for a one-click uninstall, too. It wasn't feasible to release, though, because not nearly enough plugins were packaged correctly and it was a nightmare trying to get it to guess which files go where.

Standards. We need them.

I fully support this feature in 2.0.
Pages: 1 2