MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mySQL error: 1064
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This happens when I get to the Theme Insertion part of the installation. Here's a screenshot:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/beatz/error.jpg
So uh.. no one's willing to help? I'll supply any info needed, but c'mon, it's been over a month and no reply.

Looks like it's back to phpbb..
o.o Try reuploading the install dir from the latest mybb copy, and reinstalling. The only thing I can think of is a corrupted file in the install directory.
I tried and the same thing happens at the same place in the installation. I'm using Brinkster as a host and tried searching their FAQs for MySQL error 1064, but came up empty. I'm thinking there might've been some queries I ran in the past that's messing things up.. but I don't know. :/
Just so you know, a mySQL 1064 error is a version mismatch error.

What version of mySQL are you using on your server?

If you do not know make a file and call it info.php. Then in that file's code, put the following:

<? phpinfo(); ?>

You don't need any HMTL just that code. That will tell you the mySQL version. Or you could always log into phpMyAdmin on your server.
Please upload the attached file to your server and open it in your browser. Post the output over here.
Michael83 Wrote:Please upload the attached file to your server and open it in your browser. Post the output over here.

Umm.. I get "Is your name O\'reilly?"

SnakEyez Wrote:Just so you know, a mySQL 1064 error is a version mismatch error.

What version of mySQL are you using on your server?

If you do not know make a file and call it info.php. Then in that file's code, put the following:

<? phpinfo(); ?>

You don't need any HMTL just that code. That will tell you the mySQL version. Or you could always log into phpMyAdmin on your server.

Nothing loads in my browser. The page is blank.

If you guys wanna try, it's nihonunlimited.com/test.php and nihonunlimited.com/info.php.
Upload the following info.php file to your server.

[attachment=3622]
Oh wow. Okay, it says PHP Version 5.1.1. And for MySQL, the Client API Version, it says 4.1.7.

Sorry if this isn't what you need, I don't really know much about databases. The URL is the same (nihonunlimited.com/info.php) if you wanna check it yourself.
I think I may have found the problem.  I made some modifications to the index.php file in the install directory.  Be sure that, first you remove any tables the myBB installation may have made.  Then overwrite the index.php file in the install directory with this one:

[attachment=3627]
Pages: 1 2