MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade assistance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am another one of those people who just had to go overwriting every file while updating rather than witholding the few that weren't supposed to be overwritten ><.

My database info is fine, I've just screwed up the few files that aren't supposed to be overwritten while upgrading.

Anyway, I could really use some help or advice on how to repair my boards. I've tried to follow the wiki on fixing your config.php file, but I can't even get that done correctly. Also, I've found a thread where my exact problem was fixed, but unfortunately the moderator did it all for the person without explaining...

Like in the above thread, I'd be so extremely grateful if a mod/admin could help me out. I'd be completely willing to PM you my ftp, phpMyAdmin, and Admin account login details. Or, if you want to try and walk me through this via this thread, I am up for that. However, I don't quite trust myself not to damage things further....

Anyway, thank you very much for any help you can give me.
You can find a template for the file inc/config.php over here. Just replace the placeholders with the data to connect to your database and upload it into the inc directory.
After that you can go into your Admin-CP (you have to enter the whole URL in your browser, e.g. http://www.yourdomain.tld/pathtofoum/admin). Go to Board Settings -> Change -> General Configuration and save the settings without changing them. This will rewrite the file inc/settings.php (you have to make sure that the file is writable). After that the board should work fine again.
Thanks. However, I'm having trouble with the

$config['hostname'] = "localhost"; // Change to your MySQL server name

I don't know what my server name is. Can you give me a general idea how to find that part out?
Generally, you can leave $config['hostname'] set to "localhost". If it turns out to be something different, then your host should be able to provide you with the correct address.
Well, at least I have my boards so that I can get to the main page now!

However, I still am having some problems...

As you can see, my forums are still having a bit of trouble.

#1: Under 'Last Post', the time of last post is listed as "Today Today". Current time is also listed as " , Today".

#2: Also, when I try to access my admin cp, I get an 'Language (./inc/languages/) is not installed' error. I have made sure that the languages file is uploaded in the correct directory (/inc/), but it still gives me the error.

#3: And finally, whenever you try to enter a board, you get an error saying:

Warning: Division by zero in /home/content/n/e/l/nelfichu3/html/fixforums/inc/functions.php on line 340
mySQL error: 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
Query: SELECT t.*, (t.totalratings/t.numratings) AS averagerating, i.name AS iconname, i.path AS iconpath, t.username AS threadusername, u.username FROM mybb_threads t LEFT JOIN mybb_icons i ON (i.iid = t.icon) LEFT JOIN mybb_users u ON (u.uid = t.uid) WHERE t.fid='2' AND (t.visible='1' OR t.visible='0') ORDER BY t.sticky DESC, t.lastpost DESC LIMIT 0,

This is what the line 340 that it complains about contains:

$pages = $count / $perpage;

I hope this is enough info to show you what is going wrong with my boards. Thanks again for any help you can give me, and please, if there is any other information that you need, let me know.
Hooray! It's fixed! (I think) Big Grin