MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Automatically assign avatar?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to have an avatar automatically assigned to a user when they register? I know that assigning an image to a group will always be there, even if they choose an avatar of their own, and that just doesn't look right.
DennisTT has a plugin that will do this: http://www.dennistt.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=54
I should have known! He's pretty clever! Big Grin Thanks for passing that info on to me. Never would have thought to check his forum! LOL
What about assigning avatars when a user joins a certain group?
zingbats Wrote:What about assigning avatars when a user joins a certain group?

There is already a group image in the group control panel. It works pretty good. You could use this for a default image.
labrocca Wrote:
zingbats Wrote:What about assigning avatars when a user joins a certain group?

There is already a group image in the group control panel. It works pretty good. You could use this for a default image.

But group image sits above avatar, so both are viewable.
That was exactly my point as well, though it does give me an idea. If someone reaches a certain group and gets assigned this new "avatar", sort of like an award, so everyone can clearly see that they have achieved this new status...so you would want both this image and their avatar viewable! Big Grin