MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: sql error 1064 during table creation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a first time installer.

Everything going well until:

Connection to the database server and table you specified was successful.

Database Engine: MySQLi 4.1.14

The MyBB database tables will now be created.
Creating table mybb_adminlog...done
Creating table mybb_adminoptions...done
Creating table mybb_adminsessions...done
Creating table mybb_adminviews...
MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'fields text NOT NULL, conditions text NOT NULL, custom_profile_fields text NOT' at line 7
Query:
CREATE TABLE mybb_adminviews ( vid int unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, uid int unsigned NOT NULL default '0', title varchar(100) NOT NULL default '', type varchar(6) NOT NULL default '', visibility int(1) NOT NULL default '0', fields text NOT NULL, conditions text NOT NULL, custom_profile_fields text NOT NULL, sortby varchar(20) NOT NULL default '', sortorder varchar(4) NOT NULL default '', perpage int(4) NOT NULL default '0', view_type varchar(6) NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY(vid) ) ENGINE=MyISAM CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

Can anyone help?

thanks....

P.S. I have a meeting in the morning that I'd like to have this up and running...
1064 was an error related to a specific version of MySQL. I'm almost certain that has been patched by now. You're trying to install and not upgrade, right?
Get your host to upgrade to MySQL 5, or get a better web host.
(2011-09-16, 02:46 AM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]Get your host to upgrade to MySQL 5, or get a better web host.
I must have skipped right over that line. The latest version is 5.5.16; definitely get your host to upgrade.
Malcom and Steven, thanks for that... the host is yahoo... u'd think they'd have it together...