MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Better cPanel Mail Control
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I use emails I make myself from cPanel and it seems the cPanel spam control sucks.

I get emails like this one all the time.

Quote:From Sasha Kobena.
Dearest One,

I am miss Sasha Kobena , 21 years old from Ivory Coast . The only Daughter of Mrs Anaki Kobena De. I have 9.5 million USD which was made by my mother before she died in Oct 2009 which is left in a security company here in my country.

I seek your permission to remit this amount to your country so that I could come to your country for investment and to further my studies until I am able to secure a better financial education to help me make good money decision later in life which may take years to come. I have accepted to offer you 20% of the total sum for your desire to assist me.

Please do respond specifying your interest immediately you receive this mail for more information’s regarding the trunk box and the way forward as well.

My Best Regards.
Miss Sasha Kobena.

Can someone suggest me a system that will help me control the spam coming into my email better?
I use e-mail forwarders to forward my mail through GMail.
(2011-09-16, 01:04 AM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]I use e-mail forwarders to forward my mail through GMail.

Yes, I just had hostgator install Google Apps for my domain.
SpamAssassin Smile
Properly set up its your best friend.
(2011-09-16, 01:44 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]SpamAssassin Smile

This.
(2011-09-16, 01:44 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]SpamAssassin Smile

Yep.
I use it with Plesk.
(2011-09-17, 03:05 PM)Bapun Raz Wrote: [ -> ]* Bapun Raz likes Danyal M.'s post.

* Yaldaram points Bapun to see his typos. Toungue
(2011-09-16, 01:04 AM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]I use e-mail forwarders to forward my mail through GMail.

I just use google apps alone for my mail Wink I have no mail server setup at all.
MailScanner + SpamAssassin + ClamAV = [Image: bigthumbup.gif]
I used Box Trapper via cPanel. It prevents all of my spam. Its really good. Some hosts may not have it enabled via WHM.... but I use it (i have my own VPS).
Pages: 1 2