MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove All Links to User Profiles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

how can I remove ALL links to user profiles.. everytime a user nameis displayed eg.. posted by mrjones etc then it links to their profile page, I just want it to display the username without any link ... is this possible ?

The reason is...in my opinion, I think all user profile pages are eating up all the link juice, would rather have the juice going to all the content rather than profile pages which are all 99% the same and probably look like repeat content to search engines plus this will also stop all the abuse Im getting on profile pages such as links and spam that and I dont have time to keep checking them all.

Hope someone can help !
though that is possible, I'd suggest to use robots.txt to disallow search engines to visit member profiles ..

are you using Google SEO plug-in ? it should be having a better robots.txt file
Blocking by robots.txt will just mean the pages will not be spidered/in search engines, they will still take up link juice the same as a no follow, I want to stop them linking full stop to be 100% certain,

Can someone tell me which bit of code this comes under ?
Yes...

Open ./inc/functions.php

Find:
return "<a href=\"{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/".get_profile_link($uid)."\"{$target}{$onclick}>{$username}</a>";

Replace with:
$fix = "<a href=\"{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/".get_profile_link($uid)."\"{$target}{$onclick}>{$username}</a>";
return strip_tags($fix);
Ok thanks for that.. but as Im a complete novice I cant find this inc/functions.php ? Is it in the control panel or edit themes/templates ?

Ive been through everything in the admin and cant find it ??

help

It's a file. You uploaded it when you installed MyBB.
right, but where is it in the ADmin panel ?
(2011-09-23, 12:21 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]It's a file. You uploaded it when you installed MyBB.

FTP > *mybb directiory*/inc/functions.php
Which one is it under I cant find it anywhere, all Ive got is

Home Configuration Forums & Posts Users & Groups Templates & Style Tools & Maintenance

and been through all the options and cant find it ??

It is NOT in the admin cp. It is a file.

Filezilla > *mybb directiory*/inc/functions.php

Pages: 1 2