MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Beyond News Conspiracy Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2011-09-19, 06:03 AM)Caiaphas Wrote: [ -> ]Conspiracy is a tough niche to get your website started, believe me. Your forum looks good though and seems like a good place to talk about all the different things going on in the world.

keep it up, you'll get people! Remember, you're in it for the truth!

And don't forget postloop....here's an invite.

http://www.postloop.com/invite/Caiaphas

Isn't YOFF conspiracy Toungue
(2011-09-19, 06:03 AM)Caiaphas Wrote: [ -> ]Conspiracy is a tough niche to get your website started, believe me. Your forum looks good though and seems like a good place to talk about all the different things going on in the world.

keep it up, you'll get people! Remember, you're in it for the truth!

And don't forget postloop....here's an invite.

http://www.postloop.com/invite/Caiaphas

Cai Smile Hi dude, thanks again for joining my place.

I started to use Postloop and just getting to grips with it. I have one question that you might know I tried to search on postloop but could not find the answer. I don't want to ask the question in support because they may suspend me lol.

This postloop.php that need to be placed in my root where my index.php is found has already got 330 hits but only 2 are actual hits to pages and one exit page in my stats.

The index.php is an actual redirect to my forum and if I visit the postloop.php page it returns 'false'.

What is it? And i think the 330 hit are probably spammer targeting - it already ripped 14mb in bandwidth lol. Maybe I'm being paranoid about it but iof it spammers targeting it they seem to be now missing my spam honeypot trap and hit the postloop.php instead.

Thanks dude.
Don't forget anybody registering to http://articlechase.com/beyondnews and posting will get my sign up in return and posts.

You can post links after posting 2 threads Smile

Cheers

Az - Editor

I worked it all out now. There has been a few changes at my forum and some rules put in place.

Thanks in advance if you join. I am offering a banner exchange to forums who may wish to exchange with mine. I will place a small banner on my front page, you can see the format I use at the forum.

We are offering subscriptions at $5.00 which will allow you your signature, upload attachments, give higher ratings and I will be adding custom user smilies.

I will be limiting forum tools for Registered and Un-registered users to allow room for subscribed members to have tool that other do not have. It will not affect the forum's user aspect too much. I will add new tools for all members including subscribed members.

I'm also offering you some support if you have had a problem with Russian/Ukrainian spammers, you can find that help here: http://articlechase.com/htaccess-How-to-...ddress.php

You will have to stop the script on the page.

If you have any good advise on mods and plugins that would go well with my forum format please let me know.
Never heard of DirectoryIndex?
(2011-10-16, 02:34 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]Never heard of DirectoryIndex?

Yes why would you ask?

That is not what I was asking at all...

Look a lot of MyBB users seem to have a problem with Russian, Ukrainian and Latvian spam. Do you wish to get into a debate on how to control the spam, because I can tell you right now that half of those mods are absolutely useless and if my advice can help without the need for a plugin then I should be able to help.

I believe htaccess and robots.txt are far more optional than a simple tweak with a plugin that is either useless or will only do so much to combat spam, if that is what you are getting at. DirectoryIndex is not specific enough.

Now if you want to stop a hell of a lot of spam, then you can start by blocking entire country ranges in your htaccess and to be safe in your robots.txt.

Human spammers obviously are a bit different - this is where a plugin came in handy, the URL & limiters.

Or did you have another point? *shrugs*
I'm just curious to know you're redirecting the board to a certain forum, when you could just use DirectoryIndex forumdisplay.php?fid=4.
(2011-10-19, 05:41 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just curious to know you're redirecting the board to a certain forum, when you could just use DirectoryIndex forumdisplay.php?fid=4.

Yes I know, I am working on the index.php once I have got all my tweaks right dude.

I will probably be using a flash page there. If not then I will house forumdisplay.php?fid=4 back to /beyondnews.

I apologize if I sounded out. It is not easy to ascertain what someone is trying to say and how they are saying it with limited wording Smile

I am not using categories, I wanted to get the same look and feel as Godlike productions and Lunatic Outpost, I spent time stripping the forum to bits rather than pay hefty for a techie to do it. I have been learning a little in the process.

Oh and there is also this - the forum is attached to articlechase.com so the DirectoryIndex crashes the rest of the site. Which is another reason why I have not tried to sort that issue, I opted for the flash page eventually.

I know the redirect confuses search engines, but a question I would ask... how to cure this lol, even though i bit your head off a moment ago... *eeeps*
Sorted I wrote a seperate htaccess for the forum directory /beyondnews

So I have done what you said - and still keep the option to work a flash page in later Smile
Pages: 1 2