MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Editing Templates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am using the default MyBB template for one of my forums and I noticed that the quick reply takes you directly to your post after you reply. This is unlike the template I am using on the rest of my board.

I have been searching through the MyBB template trying to see what is different in the Quick Reply. I can't seem to find the Quick Reply in the default template. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Toungue Thanks.
If you are using the default MyBB Template, there should be no problems with it.

What does your board do after you use the quick reply?
Well, I am using MyBB Template on just one of my forums and I LOVE Big Grin how it goes right to your post after you use Quick Reply.

In my other template, after we use Quick Reply, it goes to the top of the thread and we have to scroll alllll the way down to see our new post.

I was just trying to figure out what was different in the default template for quick reply, so I could change my other template to do the same thing LOL
Do you have a link to your 'other template?'
I don't remember where I got it, but it's called Pink lol I was just wondering if there is a place to go in the default template to see the command that it uses to make the Quick Reply go right to your post after your reply?
Is the URL that you are redirected to after you post the same on each theme?

Also, you don't need to bump your thread unless 24 hours has passed.
Can you check the 'postbit' template (it's inside the Post Bit Templates group) and ensure that this code is somewhere in there:
<a name="pid$post[pid]"></a>
Yep, it was in my post bit template for the default, but not the pink one. I added it and now it works for Quick Reply!!! Thank you SOOOO much!! Big Grin

Do you know how I would change it so that New Reply does that too? I want it to go directly to the post I just posted instead of returning to the top of the board. I then have to scroll down all the posts to find mine lol

Thanks in advance!! Smile
It should fix both Confused
Pages: 1 2