MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Apache & MES5 being naughty! Spaces in urls lead to 404
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hoping one of the Apache GURUs around here can shed some light on this or give me suggestions of what to look at Wink
* Dylan M. pokes labrocca

Ok... so I just spent an hour wading through Google results and got nowhere. Maybe I'm too tired, or too annoyed, or whatever. But really this is something that should work out of the box.

I downloaded and installed the demo of MES5.2
Added the apache-mod_userdir

All is fine so far, this is just like I've done on the Free & One editions in the past.

Upload some files to my public_html folder. Start browsing around. And boom, first filename/foldername with a space and Apache pukes out a 404.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm about to yank my beard off my face I'm so frustrated,

Oh yeah, and before I forget... here's the log entry for one of the files...:

Quote:[Fri Sep 16 03:10:26 2011] [error] [client 216.239.128.70] File does not exist: /home/<username>/public_html/Blighted, referer: http://www.dylanspcs.com/~<username>/

Proper name of the file is "Blighted Sun TO&E.pdf"
Well, I figured out it wasn't an issue with my server at all. Blech. It was an issue with my domain PROXY record puking on URLs with spaces in them... it was truncating at the first space. I think my DN provider has an issue Wink

I changed to a CNAME record and put in a support ticket. All is well now.
Now that your problem is solved, I can say beards are cool.
(2011-09-17, 01:09 AM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]Now that your problem is solved, I can say beards are cool.

lol... if that isn't out of nowhere Wink
heh... and I have one Toungue a goatee.
I'd mess up so bad if I tried that, wouldn't look good on me anyway.
I just have an all over mess for now.
(2011-09-17, 01:13 AM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]I'd mess up so bad if I tried that, wouldn't look good on me anyway.
I've been letting my 18-year-old scruff go wild the past few days. Pretty sure I'm going to look even more terrible than I do right now.
(2011-09-20, 01:51 AM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-17, 01:13 AM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]I'd mess up so bad if I tried that, wouldn't look good on me anyway.
I've been letting my 18-year-old scruff go wild the past few days. Pretty sure I'm going to look even more terrible than I do right now.

Growvember
I'm looking to get my goat out to 2 inches in length. Never tried it long before. Right now its between 1/4 inch and half inch somewhere...
(2011-09-20, 02:03 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]Growvember
Getting a two month lead! Awwww yeeaaaahhh
(2011-09-20, 02:19 AM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-20, 02:03 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]Growvember
Getting a two month lead! Awwww yeeaaaahhh

[Image: j9Otq2sASm0zy.jpg]

It's been two days, should i keep it till growvenmber?
Pages: 1 2