MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Subforum thread read/unread inconsistencies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I administrate a community that started using MyBB 1.4 since its early stages.

I did face up the problem of thread read/unread inconsistencies almost from the very first moment of the forum's operation.

I really liked from the start what MyBB was offering, but I also believe that this bug is a major drawback for the software. The issue makes the life of the member really hard, because it makes the procedure of trying to read all the categories of his interest a really big headache.

It was very disappointing to see the bug closed more than once but as Ryan Gordon said at the time the issue was going to be resolved some way on MyBB 2.0 . It's a long awaited bugfix and most of the admins would really be glad to see the bug eliminated.

For the history, here we were two years ago.

PS. I, and many others need that desperately. If the fix will be available in 1.6, too, it would be a miracle for us.
This.
The issue is that although there are 'fixes' available for the inconsistencies, when you scale them to the larger sized forums, they start performance problems. That's the main reason we've dodged it in 1.x.

As the system will be rewritten for 2.0, chances are this problem won't reoccur.

[Issue #1721] is the latest to be reported. Why not give the author's fix a try and see if it resolves your problem with little impact.
(2011-09-16, 10:46 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ][Issue #1721] is the latest to be reported. Why not give the author's fix a try and see if it resolves your problem with little impact.

It did the trick, thanks. Smile

Usability is a bigger priority than performance, for me. To be honest there's nothing to do with performance if there's no usability. Thanks again for mentioning issue 1721, I was not aware of that (there are many ways to describe the bug actually). Greetings from Greece, keep on the good work. Looking forward to 2.0. Wink
Can I apply the patched file to 1.6.6? Or will further edits be needed?