MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DB table indexes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can i rebuild my DB table indexes?

I don't know too much about this thing, but phpmyadmin log says my database are not properly indexed.
Use mybb builtin function in ACP>> tools and maintenance >> optimize database

Some lines from the Status page at phpmyadmin:

Handler_read_rnd 196.3 M The number of requests to read a row based on a fixed position. This is high if you are doing a lot of queries that require sorting of the result. You probably have a lot of queries that require MySQL to scan whole tables or you have joins that don't use keys properly.

Handler_read_rnd_next 619.7 M The number of requests to read the next row in the data file. This is high if you are doing a lot of table scans. Generally this suggests that your tables are not properly indexed or that your queries are not written to take advantage of the indexes you have.
bump...
Simply;

mysqlcheck --repair --databases databasename

But I think you are confused. That is basically telling you either some tables are missing valuable indexes, or there are some queries that aren't using them efficiently.

Either way, you shouldn't need to worry about it too much.
(2011-09-17, 06:53 PM)Wiz01 Wrote: [ -> ]Some lines from the Status page at phpmyadmin:

Handler_read_rnd 196.3 M The number of requests to read a row based on a fixed position. This is high if you are doing a lot of queries that require sorting of the result. You probably have a lot of queries that require MySQL to scan whole tables or you have joins that don't use keys properly.

Handler_read_rnd_next 619.7 M The number of requests to read the next row in the data file. This is high if you are doing a lot of table scans. Generally this suggests that your tables are not properly indexed or that your queries are not written to take advantage of the indexes you have.

Unfortunately that's normal for MyBB.

Here is mine.

Handler_read_rnd 38 G The number of requests to read a row based on a fixed position. This is high if you are doing a lot of queries that require sorting of the result. You probably have a lot of queries that require MySQL to scan whole tables or you have joins that don't use keys properly.
Handler_read_rnd_next 1,111 G The number of requests to read the next row in the data file. This is high if you are doing a lot of table scans. Generally this suggests that your tables are not properly indexed or that your queries are not written to take advantage of the indexes you have.

(2011-09-19, 12:33 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately that's normal for MyBB.

Here is mine.

Handler_read_rnd 38 G
Handler_read_rnd_next 1,111 G

Yep, seeing the exact same things on the status page.
Suppose a developer would know about this best. Hopefully one of them will notice this topic.
Labrocca: Ok, thank you. So that's "normal".

Btw, i know, it's not MyBB specific, but how can i check my database about missing table indexes?
A little help will be much appreciated.