MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Redirect page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yesterday I changed my forum from phpBB into myBB, with the phpBBconvertor .
That worked very good en now I have most of the settings, functions etc. the way my forum was before.

But many users complain about the redirection page after you post a message or do a search. It takes too much time, because the waiting or that you have to click on 'i don't want to wait'.
I allready changed the value content in the redirect template to 0 instead of 2, so I hope the wait is shorter, but still it's irritating a lot of users.

Isn't it possible to remove or skip that page so instead of 'post->redirect->view post' 'you have 'post->view post'.
Or can't you see failures anymore than?

I allready searched this forum for an answer, but I couldn't find one.
There will be a function in MyBB 1.2 to have 'post->view post'.

Currently, there isn't any solutions.
Thanks for your quick response.

Because I use this forum just a coupe day's I don't know the structure well, but I guess there is somewhere in a file a rule which says where to go after a succesfull post.
If that is correct and someone can tell me where I can find that rule, I think it isn't that difficult to change it so i can skip the 'redirect'

And by the way, it is great that it will be in MyBB 1.2 but I guess it would take a wile before that version is available. But I'll look for some information about the 1.2 version before I ask anything about that Big Grin
I am not sure when MyBB 1.2 will be Publicly Released but it is now released to Beta Testers, if you want to experience it, you might want to view this thread for links to MyBB 1.2 forums that Beta Testers have set up.
Somewhere in the options you can turn off the 'Friendly Redirection Page'. ...
(I think thats what your talking about)

FW
Thanks FirefoxWiz that's the solution!

I allready saw once the 'Admin cp > Server and Optimization Options -> Friendly Redirection Page', but I didn't realize they meant this function.
In this case it wasn't so friendly so I didn't expect it could be this.
Maybe if I read the English explanation below it, I saw it.
But I speak Dutch so I didn't read it to fast and not good enough Toungue

Oh yeah!
I also just saw it.
Noobie Me Sad
Glad I could be of help Smile

FW
Oh, yeah, much better without that redirection page, IMHO. Much faster to get from one page to the next! I'm glad they give us the option to turn it off! Big Grin
The redirection page should not be on by default. I think it's very annoying and most admins most likely turn it off anyways.
Pages: 1 2