MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Convert passwords in a file to md5?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2011-09-20, 09:40 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]ITT: arguing about the efficiency of a php script which will likely only ever be run a handful of times

Not to mention, this is PHP, which is still a lame scripting language that needs to be interpreted.
(2011-09-21, 02:40 AM)Berlo Wrote: [ -> ]Not to mention, this is PHP, which is still a lame scripting language that needs to be interpreted.
Depends on how you use PHP. It's not just for serving dynamic web pages. There are projects using PHP for desktop applications and such.

You're right, though, I'd much rather be doing this in C or Perl. Speeder asked for PHP though, so I obliged.
(2011-09-21, 02:49 AM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]Depends on how you use PHP. It's not just for serving dynamic web pages. There are projects using PHP for desktop applications and such.

You're right, though, I'd much rather be doing this in C or Perl. Speeder asked for PHP though, so I obliged.

Machine level is the only way to go, even Perl is annoying and interpreted.

(2011-09-21, 02:40 AM)Berlo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-20, 09:40 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]ITT: arguing about the efficiency of a php script which will likely only ever be run a handful of times

Not to mention, this is PHP, which is still a lame scripting language that needs to be interpreted.

No it is not. Please read #1:
http://www.phpclasses.org/blog/post/155-...Right.html

@Steven why did you use a static variable in global scope inside the while loop? I see no real reason to use it. You can declare it before the while and it will still be declared once.
(2011-09-21, 08:55 AM)Berlo Wrote: [ -> ]Machine level is the only way to go, even Perl is annoying and interpreted.
Perl is incredibly powerful. I wouldn't write it off simply because it's "annoying" and interpreted.

(2011-09-21, 04:01 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]@Steven why did you use a static variable in global scope inside the while loop? I see no real reason to use it. You can declare it before the while and it will still be declared once.
Habit/style reasons.
(2011-09-21, 08:55 AM)Berlo Wrote: [ -> ]Machine level is the only way to go, even Perl is annoying and interpreted.

Well, you can rewrite MyBB in assembly then Toungue

(2011-09-21, 07:04 PM)PJGIH Wrote: [ -> ]Well, you can rewrite MyBB in assembly then Toungue
Just convert it.
(2011-09-21, 07:09 PM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-21, 07:04 PM)PJGIH Wrote: [ -> ]Well, you can rewrite MyBB in assembly then Toungue
Just convert it.

That does not convert into MIPS but C++ and then machine code.

(2011-09-21, 07:02 PM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-21, 04:01 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]@Steven why did you use a static variable in global scope inside the while loop? I see no real reason to use it. You can declare it before the while and it will still be declared once.
Habit/style reasons.

Ah I see. Because technically static and a global variable in this case should take the exact same space and the exact same resources when being accessed (read or write).
No offense to people that like Perl, but the syntax for Perl is so god damn confusing that I can't even make heads or tails of it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4