MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installing mybb Backup from ACP after being hacked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone do this for me or explain how to do it I have no idea how to.
You'll need to import the backup through phpMyAdmin or similar.
Import your database backup to phpMyAdmin, and change your database settings in ./inc/config.php (if your username, password or database name changed)
The better question is: how did you get hacked? Did you submit anything to the development team regarding this, such as your config and how the hack happened?
(2011-09-19, 07:19 AM)Masayoshi Wrote: [ -> ]The better question is: how did you get hacked? Did you submit anything to the development team regarding this, such as your config and how the hack happened?

I doubt it is a security issue within MyBB. If it was, the hacker would have targeted a much larger forum.
It could be, or could not be. That's why I'm asking. Toungue

It's unlikely it was the software itself, but I'm interested in knowing what happened.
Host issues, it's a long stroy. Nothing to do with the software... It happened to 12other sites... It's all fixed though.
(2011-09-20, 12:33 AM)Noreturn Wrote: [ -> ]Host issues, it's a long stroy. Nothing to do with the software... It happened to 12other sites... It's all fixed though.
You might want to reconsider using that particular host.