MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Search in threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thats not Quick Quoting, thats "Multi Quoting" and it already exists in MyBB 1.2

"Quick Quoting" allows you to select text (by clicking and dragging with your mouse) and then clicking the "Quick Quote" button, which puts what you have selected into the quick reply box.

Its great for selecting small bits of large posts.
Chris Boulton Wrote:essentially it is quick quoting.
Yes, but not in the way that Smethead's original mod made it.

My argument still stands. If you want to quote a small bit of text out of a large post, the Multi-Quote is useless for this. It quotes the entire post, meaning you have to delete all the bits you don't want.

Essentially it is "quick", but it could be much faster with the original mod as a default feature.
DrPoodle Wrote:Essentially it is "quick", but it could be much faster with the original mod as a default feature.
True, you know i never realised that you could just select some text and click "Q.Quote" to have the selected text quoted until i accidentally did it on your forums. It is a useful feature, if you know it exists.
I think is a excelent idea the Quick Qouting, Are there any modification with this?
I think this will be added in 1.4, is basic
MrDoom Wrote:
DrPoodle Wrote:Essentially it is "quick", but it could be much faster with the original mod as a default feature.
True, you know i never realised that you could just select some text and click "Q.Quote" to have the selected text quoted until i accidentally did it on your forums. It is a useful feature, if you know it exists.

For some reason it doesn't always work.
labrocca Wrote:
MrDoom Wrote:

For some reason it doesn't always work.

If it didn't work then that means the XMLHTTP AJAX request to your server timed out
Well sometimes it doesn't use the "highlighted" text. It uses the full text instead of the quoted post when instead I would like to use the highlighted only portion.
labrocca Wrote:Well sometimes it doesn't use the "highlighted" text. It uses the full text instead of the quoted post when instead I would like to use the highlighted only portion.

I don't believe that was ever an option. And if it was, then even I forgot about it.
Pages: 1 2 3