MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can I give groups specific permission?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I have searched high and low for tips on how to do this or if it is even possible ...to no avail.

What I am trying to accomplish is allowing one specific group the permission to change / edit the thread subject of other posters as well as their own threads in only one specific forum.

I've checked this groups permissions etc and cannot find this option - would any one be able to tell me how to do this? I've also checked the permissions for Moderators and do not see an option to 'edit other peoples posts' just an option to allow them to edit their own posts.

I am using MyBB version 1.6.3

Thank you!

M.
You'd need a custom plugin. I haven't seen anything for this before.
#1. Upgrade to 1.6.4

Then we can talk.
Why would I need to upgrade? The last time I upgraded I had to do a whole new install and lost a lot of information. I'd rather not upgrade.
Your board is currently vulnerable to CSRF hacks and several other security vulnerabilities. You should upgrade. Remember to backup before you upgrade.
(2011-09-19, 06:27 PM)Mags Wrote: [ -> ]Why would I need to upgrade? The last time I upgraded I had to do a whole new install and lost a lot of information. I'd rather not upgrade.

If you run the installer, that's what happens...
Read the wiki article on upgrading. Let us know if you need any help beyond what the article outlines.