MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Password Not Remembered When Logging Back In
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not that big a deal but if I log out and log back in the password is never remembered even with the 'remember me' box checked.

Is this intended behavior?

It's a very small thing to type in my password but I can see in the future it would be nice to have it done automatically as I think it is intended to do?

Is this a known bug? Or is there something I can do to change the behavior?
" Is this intended behavior? " <-- No !
check if your forum cookies are correctly set AND clear your browser cookies ..
Do you use something like ccleaner? it clears your cookies (unless you know to use the cookie option) and logs you out.
Haven't used ccleaner and set up my cookies within MYBB according to the above article, cleared my browser cache, checked settings.php to see that the settings matched and the password is still not remembered - but only on the home page login area.

Since I cleared my cookies I had to re-log in to the ACP and that dbx remembered the password after I entered my user name so it appears SOME part of MYBB is remembering the password just not the home page login screen.

Here's the domain www.mostwondrous.com/forum

Thanks for any help
Remember Me only saves your login cookie for longer. Remembering your password is up to the browser. Due to the way MyBB "hides" the login box with JavaScript, some browsers don't "remember" your password. They do, but they don't put it back in the box.
VERY helpful Steve,

I'll ignore it for now.