MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there a MyBB RSS Reader?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all I thank MyBB for the great piece of Software you are offering and offering for Free. Look around VBulletin boards, all boards look same. But MyBB is so much customizable.

I developed a website for sharing knowledge and developed it in drupal. I needed a Good Forum to support it. So, i thought rather than using extra mod for forum, let me run a separate script for forum. I traied with phpBB.
and while customizing, Find->Load, Change, After that, and this just annoyed me to an extend that I took my board offline in three days after 25 active threads.

I came to know about mybb rather accidently. But I am thankful to all that I am. I run it it 10 minutes. I tried a theme change and plugin. They were easier. By the way the version I use is Mybb 1.6.4

I endorsed the same fact in some of the Yahoo Answers which were selected as best answer.

I spend whole two months in customizing and changing the themes, updating them till a point that satisfied my.
Grasshopper Network Discussion Forum
is my board.

Now I had to integrate Drupal and MyBB. I was Fine with two separate registration. But I had to fetch content from my drupal site to MyBB.

I actually did it using Magic RSS Reader. As you can see in my site. But the point is, it is a third party tool at the end of the day. Hence Sometimes speed of Site loading is Compromised. Is there a Mod in MyBB that can achieve what I did with RSS reader from Magic RSS?

Alternatively can such a reader be Coded and Integrated with MyBB script?
I am ok with coding it myself for sure. But I havn't analyzed the core code of MyBB so do not really Know if it will work. Any help regarding this will be much appreciated. ( suggesting a Mod or feasibility of writing a Mod)

PS: I have also written a white paper on MyBB spam protection. Which section of this forum will be appropriate to attach that so that many of Mybb users get benefited from the paper. And can I host the Article in my site and provide a Link here? Did not want to create a new thread. So added in PS. http://community.mybb.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

I made an RSS plugin. I'll upload it to the mods site later.
(2011-09-19, 05:21 PM)PJGIH Wrote: [ -> ]I made an RSS plugin. I'll upload it to the mods site later.

Thanks [@PJGIH] in advance. I will eagerly look forward to use it. That is really a much needed one. The reader makes the site more professional. Added Reputation in advance.
There's already a mod for this: RSS Feed Poster.

You might need to update the compatibility for 1.6.4.
(2011-09-19, 05:44 PM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]There's already a mod for this: RSS Feed Poster.

You might need to update the compatibility for 1.6.4.

Steven You did not get me. I am looking for a pluin that reads the feed and present in a view as I have done in my site with third part java script. The plugin you mentioned is a feed generator. Mybb is now inbuilt with a Feed generator. I am quite fine with the feed. But, need the reader. Better a Sliding View sort of thing.
(2011-09-19, 06:21 PM)rupam das Wrote: [ -> ]Steven You did not get me. I am looking for a pluin that reads the feed and present in a view as I have done in my site with third part java script. The plugin you mentioned is a feed generator. Mybb is now inbuilt with a Feed generator. I am quite fine with the feed. But, need the reader. Better a Sliding View sort of thing.
The plugin I posted will create posts on your forum from RSS feeds. It does not generate any feed.
(2011-09-19, 07:27 PM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-19, 06:21 PM)rupam das Wrote: [ -> ]Steven You did not get me. I am looking for a pluin that reads the feed and present in a view as I have done in my site with third part java script. The plugin you mentioned is a feed generator. Mybb is now inbuilt with a Feed generator. I am quite fine with the feed. But, need the reader. Better a Sliding View sort of thing.
The plugin I posted will create posts on your forum from RSS feeds. It does not generate any feed.

great, thanks a lot mate. trying it now