MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PHP/MySQL Guru Official Requests [Post your request here]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I thought it would be fun if we had a place where we (or anyone) can post a simple request of a PHP code/function/code-correction in PHP/MySQL (not related to MyBB software)..

Since a lot of people post multiple requests if the wrong section and get few answers, I hope this thread will help them to do what they want to do...

Something before you request:
Don't request something hard like (can someone please code a script like facebook or twitter? I need it for my website Big Grin)
Dodgy

Post simple requests...
I usually just display a random addition problem. I didn't realize how easy it was to set up an image like that though.
(2011-09-19, 06:02 PM)RPicard Wrote: [ -> ]I usually just display a random addition problem. I didn't realize how easy it was to set up an image like that though.

Yes it's very easy Smile
Yeah, GD is fairly simple Smile you should try adding some random lines Smile
(2011-09-19, 06:02 PM)RPicard Wrote: [ -> ]I usually just display a random addition problem. I didn't realize how easy it was to set up an image like that though.

Random addition problem captcha. *nods sagely*
(2011-09-19, 06:14 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, GD is fairly simple Smile you should try adding some random lines Smile

And random rotation on a character basis - explode the string to an array and cycle through it to make it even harder to read (seems to be the current captcha trend).

In all seriousness though, I'd rather just use a security question or reCAPTCHA. Thanks for sharing anyway Smile
(2011-09-19, 09:12 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]In all seriousness though, I'd rather just use a security question or reCAPTCHA. Thanks for sharing anyway Smile
This. Everything is taken care of for you!