MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Support Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
When making a new thread in the support forum, the message box should automatically load

[b]URL:[/b] 
[b]MyBB Version: [/b]
[b]Test Account:[/b]
[b]Problem (Please include any error messages, word for word)?[/b]
[b]When did this problem start?[/b]
[b]Screenshots?[/b]

Perhaps this could be made a part of MySupport.
I already suggested this, and it will be in a future update on MySupport.
Oh, ok Wink
That is cool, IMO, I think it should be there, would love to see it implemented.
Unfortunately that won't achieve much. If a member doesn't want to fill in all the info, they will just delete those presets.
I think more fields need to be added to the new post screen that require mandatory info to be added to them before the message will be posted. The most important being "Forum URL"
(2011-09-20, 07:15 PM)x-Treme Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately that won't achieve much. If a member doesn't want to fill in all the info, they will just delete those presets.
I think more fields need to be added to the new post screen that require mandatory info to be added to them before the message will be posted. The most important being "Forum URL"
The problem isn't that the users don't want to give out the information, it's the fact that 9% of them do not read the stickies. Adding some sort of template to the field will at least prompt them to think about it more.
It's like beating a dead horse. I have been using support forums for more years than I care to remember. Lack of info in a support thread has always been a problem and it will always continue.

In my personal experience, the two major factors of poor support queries are failure to provide a detailed description of the problem (including any info that may be needed to fix it), and failure to use the search feature to check for similar problems and resolutions.

Anyone that discovers a way to improve on these deserves a medal Smile
I think a start is to include the template. Toungue
If I recall correctly, the plans were to make actual required fields for those bits of information, meaning the user wouldn't be able to skip it. But Matt will have to confirm that, as he's the one working on it.

Either way, there are tons of stuff coming down the way that will improve the way the support forum works.
(2011-09-20, 09:31 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]If I recall correctly, the plans were to make actual required fields for those bits of information, meaning the user wouldn't be able to skip it. But Matt will have to confirm that, as he's the one working on it.

Either way, there are tons of stuff coming down the way that will improve the way the support forum works.
That's what I was hoping...good luck to Matt and the rest of the team. Hopefully it will improve...we'll have to wait and see.
Pages: 1 2 3