MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Another General Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another General Forum
http://www.anothergeneralforum.com/
Discuss anything and everything such as off-topic, sports, entertainment and more.

Formerly known as Chat Source until I acquired it. I am using a premium theme and the logo seems to be liked, the car, so I stayed with it.
The text on the logo needs to be changed; it's hard to see right now. Otherwise it looks good!
Good:

- Nice simple theme
- Forum is sectioned nicely with a diverse range.

Bad

- Need to make the theme your own.
- A general forum with a car as a banner image doesn't sit right.
- What Steven said about the text.
- You have a shoutbox, this is always bad imho.

Rating: 5/10
Thanks for the reviews folks Smile

Yes, the logo does need to be changed and as much as people like the car, I think another sort of image would be better. On making my own theme, I am not a theme maker, the theme up there is actually a premium theme that I purchased shortly after acquiring ChatSource. I honestly think it is a great theme and not commonly used from what I have seen. The shoutbox is something the members requested but yes, I know there are problems with them, however, I give the members what they want, haha.
Hello kruzzen. When you say you give members what they want, how many of your 337 members actually requested a shoutbox? You may have actually added something that the majority of your members actually don't want.

The logo really needs to be changed, not just the text but the actual image aswell.

I don't see ay sports category which I think could bring some more discussions, being a general forum an all. Also, Computers & Webmatsers is incorrectly spelled.
Domain to be honest isn't that good because unless your a webmaster of some sort you dont know theres lots.. So why should someone remember anothergeneralforum? I mean it's not a bad domain but I would try and get a better one close to expire date, then just redirect them to the new domain.
(2011-09-20, 12:15 PM)Noreturn Wrote: [ -> ]Domain to be honest isn't that good because unless your a webmaster of some sort you dont know theres lots.. So why should someone remember anothergeneralforum? I mean it's not a bad domain but I would try and get a better one close to expire date, then just redirect them to the new domain.
Yeah, I was thinking about this as well. Seems like there could be a way better name.
The domain name follows the style of my network Smile I don't plan on changing that. Anyways, thanks all for the suggestions, I will be considering many of them!