MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: global.lang.php does not exist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Really? SMF works fine?

That's strange, mostly SMF fails horribly with it's Package Manager when directory permissions are flunky.
Directory permissions are not appearing flunky for anything other than MyBB.
Recently I installed PivotX to test as an alternative to WordPress. Again, zero issues. Worked perfectly. So I feel the host and it's server config are pretty spot on for all the common scripts out there, especially those that come with cpanel/fantastico.

MyBB is what I would like help with. I very much like what I see and the software seems to have a great support community.
I'm not 100% Apache/Linux savvy but I can usually install stuff without help.
You have an unorthodox setup. No way you're gonna tell me that you've installed all those packages without editing apache/php in some way. It's effected MyBB and will likely continue to plague you.

And MyBB technically doesn't support Windows setups. But I've always got it running just fine with WAMP/XAMPP.

http://www.wampserver.com/en/

(2011-09-21, 05:48 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]You have an unorthodox setup. No way you're gonna tell me that you've installed all those packages without editing apache/php in some way. It's effected MyBB and will likely continue to plague you.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.
Nothing is plaguing me, all I'm saying now is that MyBB is working fine after changing perms' to 777 which ought not to be necessary according to the documentation.

(2011-09-21, 05:48 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]And MyBB technically doesn't support Windows setups.

I don't follow your drift. What do you mean by this?

Thanks for your input.
(2011-09-21, 05:48 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]And MyBB technically doesn't support Windows setups. But I've always got it running just fine with WAMP/XAMPP.
What?
Since the file was set to 666 chmod, the server could not execute the file, hence your error message. It has to have at least 755 chmod
Thanks PM,

That makes sense. Then the documentation should be revised and corrected. Rolleyes
(2011-09-21, 06:06 AM)PuppeMaster Wrote: [ -> ]Since the file was set to 666 chmod, the server could not execute the file, hence your error message. It has to have at least 755 chmod

Eh?? No it doesn't. 666 is the highest it'll ever need.

(2011-09-21, 06:09 AM)sledger Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks PM,

That makes sense. Then the documentation should be revised and corrected. Rolleyes

The docs are correct, what PuppeMaster is totally incorrect. Files never need to be set to 755.

The most likely cause was a combination of ./inc/languages/, ./inc/languages/english/ and ./inc/languages/english/admin/ being CHMOD to something other than 755. That's what it is pretty much 100% of the time people get this error on the front end and Admin CP. By default all folders should be 755 and all files should be 644, the only ones that need anything different are explained in the Wiki.
Pages: 1 2