MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User hitting a max-length issue on short posts when max length set to 65000
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Our forum has an intermittent issue wherein a user will get cut off and unable to continue typing into the posting field after only a few hundred characters.

This has occurred twice that we know of (that it has been reported). But users are normally able to exceed the limit that is occurring in these cases.

In the second case, the user was eventually able to overcome the issue by changing fonts / colors / and other button tweaks until he was able to continue typing.

As users can normally post, we've been unable to narrow down what could cause this in the rare moments it has happened.

URL: http://forums.ppi2pass.com/index.php
Version: MyBB 1.6.3
Test Account: please PM me here for a test account if needed (so I'm not posting one into a publicly read forum).

Screen Capture:
[Image: ForumErrorScreenCap.png]

Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide.

I simply registered a quick account. It looks like it's a problem with the WYSIWYG editor you're using.
Probably the formatting that is causing the character count to go out of whack.

You could disable the character count entirely, as a solution.
I've been somewhat suspect of that WYSIWYG editor. Unfortunately it provides a 'wysiwyg math equation' editor that was a requirement for us, and its a bit of a black box so I've been unable to get inside of it.

I have disabled character count in the hopes that that will avoid the issue for now.

Which WYSIWYG editor you're using?