MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Did your site get hacked?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Did your site get hacked when using the older versions of mybb?
No for me.

I believe as long as you don't "advertise" your site too much, it would be safe from hackers.
Mine did, but I had a nice hacker, he didn't mess up anything. Smile

He hacked me, then told me. So I took him off the admin and I still banned him. Smile

CreateMyBB didn't upgrade fast enough, that's why I wish I had FTP Access there.
Yes but no for me ...

You see it was actually all my hosts servers that got hacked ...

What the hacker did was i guess put a bug in cause it replaced all the index's with this picture of like a red demon type thing like saitin i guess fliken you off smokin a cigar but funny thing the forum index didn't get messed with much it only added the image! the forum still displayed and my host restored everything within a couple of hours of being notifed Cool

See RC4 i beleive it was fought back! lol
Ryan Ashbrook Wrote:Mine did, but I had a nice hacker, he didn't mess up anything. Smile

He hacked me, then told me. So I took him off the admin and I still banned him. Smile

CreateMyBB didn't upgrade fast enough, that's why I wish I had FTP Access there.

i think thats the downside of createmybb, not putting it down or anything but you realy need ftp to be secure and to run mybb properly.

the hacker only replaced the index file for me and so the site said "upgrade your sooftware" or some gay poo and it redirected to this site. interesting
Indeed, CMyBB is more designed towards new forums, I think.

It's a great service though, I like how they set it up. Smile

But MyBBT needs FTP so that's why I'll be moving soon. Smile
what happened to good old hosting and setting it up yourself Wink
I never said CMyBB didn't have a good service. It's just not for sites like mine which require FTP Access for certain Customizations that are needed in a site like mine.

But, we're going off topic, so lets go back. Smile
have hackers got nothing better to do than to hack peoples boards? what kind of life do these nerds live? gosh its sad, im not saying this cos im angry LOL im saying this cos im interested in why nerds hack.
willow Wrote:have hackers got nothing better to do than to hack peoples boards? what kind of life do these nerds live? gosh its sad, im not saying this cos im angry LOL im saying this cos im interested in why nerds hack.

1.) It's something to do in spare time
2.) It's a Challenge.
3.) To be evil
4.) To make you mad
5.) To show someone they can

I think that covers it lol
Pages: 1 2