MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide Forums From Index, But Accessible with direct link?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Title says it all. Does anyone know how to hide a forum from the index, but it can be accessed with a direct link?

Thanks!
You'll probably need a plugin for this, as I think if you set the View permission to No it won't allow anything else.
Ok thanks, do you by any chance happen to know a plug-in that can do this?
I found this plugin you might be able to edit. It uses CSS to hide the forums though. I'm assuming you actually want the code removed from the index?
What I would like is that The forum can't be seen on the index, but if they are given a direct link, they will be able to access it.
As already said above you'll need a plugin for that (and that plugin doesn't exist already "I think")

What you can do is:
- Add a new usergroup that copies the permissions of "Registered" users called for example "Registered 2"...
- Create your forum and set the "Can view" permission to NO for "Registered" users and to YES for "Registered 2"...
- Now all you have to do is to add "Registered 2" as an additional usergroup to the users who should access your forum...

3 easy steps without any plugin, isn't that magic? Big Grin
@TheGarfield read his request again. That will do nothing.
Bumperooni......
just set forum password
xThreads allows you to hide a forum from index, breadcrumb, and forum jump menu.
Pages: 1 2