MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Issue with new laptop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,

I just got a HP DV6 6024TX, and I am having an issue with the sound. When I have my headphones plugged in, sound occasionally comes out of the laptop speakers and not the headphones, and when I am playing games like Counter-Strike, the sound is only coming out of the laptop speakers.

I have spent an hour trying to fix this, but I have no idea why this is happening. Does anyone have any ideas?

Edit:
Ok, now when I plug my headphones in for everything, the sound still comes out of the laptop speakers.
Drivers for everything are installed right? And, is it a usb head set or whatever the headphone/mic jacks are called? Toungue

And, just to make sure you're running windows right?
From what I can see, all drivers are installed correctly, and the headphones are using the mic jack, and yeah, I am running Windows.

I think I may have found a temporary fix. In my audio devices, I had 2 playback devices, 'Speakers and Headphones' and 'Communication Headphones'. I disabled communication headphones and it seems to be working now. I'll reply if the issue returns.
(2011-09-20, 06:42 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]I think I may have found a temporary fix. In my audio devices, I had 2 playback devices, 'Speakers and Headphones' and 'Communication Headphones'. I disabled communication headphones and it seems to be working now. I'll reply if the issue returns.
I was just about to say. Sometimes Windows can get confused if you have more than one working audio device.
Your hardware (headphones) maybe the problem here. I had a portable mp3 player, one fine day, though my earphones were plugged in, the sound came from speakers. I bought new headphones and everything was fine later on.