MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: just a thought
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What if you could harness the power of all the computers connected to the internet, that would in a sense the worlds most powerful cluster supercomputer. If you had access to this kind of power what would you do with it?
You mean like Folding@Home? Id solve the travelling salesman problem Wink
(2011-09-20, 08:53 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]You mean like Folding@Home? Id solve the travelling salesman problem Wink

lol you could do much more than that Big Grin
Right now (and for the foreseeable future) it would be too impractical. There's simply too many differences in internet connection speeds and latency across the world to efficiently connect everyone.
I would shut them down. *evil*
I'd enjoy rich download speeds.
(2011-09-20, 10:06 AM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]Right now (and for the foreseeable future) it would be too impractical. There's simply too many differences in internet connection speeds and latency across the world to efficiently connect everyone.

i understand what you're saying, but it would not require that everyone have incredible internet speeds.You could just class all the computers according to their speeds, fast connections heavy task, and slow connections light tasks.
Massive security issue.
Play Age of Empires II against myself... Like a boss!
Sell the power to Google and live a life of ease.
Pages: 1 2