MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Inline Thread Mod - Cant Move Threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So basically I cant move any threads using the inline thread moderation drop down.

I select two threads and select move threads from the drop down and press "Go (2)";
[attachment=24168]

But then I get this message;
[attachment=24169]

Any ideas guys?
Thanks
Does this happen using the default theme?
Yep, the problem still occurs when using another and the default mybb theme.
What plugins do you have installed?
Do any other moderation options work?? If not, ask your host if they have ModSecurity installed. Note that this is not the same as mod_security. Please make that clear to them when you ask.
Thanks Matt, going to message them now.
Will report back.
Cool. Basically what happens here is the javascript sets a cookie of the threads you've selected. This would usually be in the standard PHP $_COOKIE array for MyBB to then put into $mybb->cookies and then use in the code to know what threads you selected and then perform the selected action on them. However, ModSecurity seems to completely block all cookies that are set by javascript, they're literally not in the PHP $_COOKIE array at all, but they show fine if you look at the cookies in your browser settings. So as far as you browser is concerned the cookie is there, but as far as PHP is concerned, it isn't. Took me ages to figure this out, few people had the same problem, until someone suggested ModSecurity and it turned out a load of the people that had the problem had this installed. Anyway, if they do have this installed, you'll need to see if they can somehow exclude the blocking of cookies set via javascript. I have no idea how ModSecurity works so don't know if they would be able to just disable one thing or not.
(2011-09-21, 01:33 PM)PJGIH Wrote: [ -> ]What plugins do you have installed?

I have seen some users having problems regarding this because of some plugins.
ModSecurity is not installed
Can you PM me forum admin and FTP login details?? I'll be able to prove whether or not it's a server issue or not that way.
Pages: 1 2