MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Options you coud put in!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I like vbulletin 3 a lot but its isnt free but here same option you ppl coud maby put in mybb.

WYSIWYG editor
NavPart of vbulletin 3
Avatars Upload in adminCP ( So admin can upload custom avatars for the forums)
ModCP (a cp liek for admins but than for mods and with les in it)
Font Color (Like ppl can add #0F0F0F and that there font of there post are in that color)

I will add more if i find out any new ones Big Grin
WYSIWYG editor: I can't see a viable way of doing this without an activex control or some really screwed up javascript.

Modcp: it's coming Smile
Font color: do you mean the [noparse][/noparse] tags? Smile
i meen like ppl can add a color code in there user cp and than there font color whene they post will be that color.

and as for thw WYSIWYG editor you can use http://fckeditor.net/ it is a very good one to use. Big Grin
The WYSIWYG isn't too bad, but im not too sure if it's needed. And the font settings on your usercp isn't too bad either. And I'm guessing "NavPart" which you mentioned is the way vbulletin sets up the links uptop a forum...well a lot of people hate it. It is very hard to find it and is rather messy at times.
We can't copy things directly from Vbulletin.

The WYSIWYG editor has been on my mind for a while, and would require a new additional post parser to parse the input of it.

A User CP font colour option probably won't be added as there isn't really a demand for it, and I myself hate people posting in different colours. It could easily be added with a code modification however..

The navigation part? By that you mean the table at the top of vBulletin? I myself find that quite unattractive and hard to use, as Cory said. The new MyBB header style is simple, and easy to use (included in the next release).

To add avatars that users can select, you ftp them to images/avatars/ and they will show in the drop down listing.